Dr. Brainlove is a collaborative science outreach project that manifested as a 27-ft long brain-shaped mobile jungle gym with EEG interactive LEDs. As the Project Manager, I worked to bring together a team of 50+ volunteer scientists and engineers, raise $29k through crowdfunding, and debut the project at Burning Man 2014. Check out the Indiegogo page and the Facebook group.
I was an invited panelist for a workshop hosted by Indiegogo, “Dust & Funds: Running a successful Indiegogo Campaign for Burning Man 2014!”. You can check out the YouTube video here.
- The Atlantic "The Most Burning Man Thing Ever" by Adrienne LaFrance
- Slate.com "Entrepreneurs Are Preparing for Burning Man" by Christine Lagorio-Chafkin
- Berkeley Science Review "Dr. Brainlove: The other magic school bus" by Sarah Hillenbrand
- Reno Gazette-Journal "Burning Man: Engineering feats abound on the playa" by Katrina Raenell
- Oakland Tribune "East Bay art space offers a preview of Burning Man festival" by Samantha Clark